09 September 2020

Inappropriate Car Names - Nissan Sylphy

Shall we call it safe styling?

Nissan Sylphy.

- A slender graceful girl / young woman or a class of imaginary beings assumed to inhabit the air.

I don't think the car is like a graceful woman. From reviews, practical but uninspiring. The name doesn't sound appealing to me. If I went to the doctor and his diagnosis was I have a case of sylphy, I would assume I had a serious health issue that could even be terminal. It's a name that doesn't sound right to me.

It is apparently called the Nissan Sentra elsewhere. A more suitable - albeit dull - alternative. To put a name associated with a graceful, slender young woman alongside this car is well wide of the mark. An imaginary notion for sure, floating somewhere in the ether.

Alternative name suggestion: Nissan Airy-fairy. Or Sentra.

Over the years the styling has improved...somewhat

No comments:

Post a Comment