
Registrations were up 10% in June and up 1% YTD. China is now the largest supplier of vehicles, deposing Japan. The speed of the transition would have caught the industry by supprise. Toyota had a sizable drop due to supply issues but also mounting competition. Chinese brands are pushing hard but Toyota is confident it will have 20% market share come December. I wouldn't bet against that.
BYD is working hard to ensure a good supply, even using its own ships to achieve that objective. GWM covers different brands within the company. I was separating them but not now, due to the effort but also getting the data to do so may not now be possible. Sometimes, I try too hard.
A few brands don't report sales, so aren't listed. The 2025 share below is for the complete year and includes Mahindra, a brand yet to report in 2026. Xpeng has taken over distribution of its cars and in the interim, sales have fallen sharply.
Data source: FCAI, Car Expert.
Photo sources: Ford Australia (Ranger) & GWM Australia (Haval H6).

No comments:
Post a Comment