19 May 2024

Lotus Sales : 2023






Lotus has never been that forthcoming when it comes to sales data. For the most part it wasn't all that positive so maybe a sensible move. Now that it is under the control of the Geely Auto Group greater transparency may come. What I do know is revealed to the right.

6,970 cars were delivered in 2023. I have seen the figure 576 for 2022 but based on sales by country I do know of, that is too low and by some margin. I have sales by country for 744 vehicles in 2022 and there are some missing. 

I don't have a 2022 figure for China but it would have been minimal. As for the US I've seen estimates that looked more like wild guesses. The Middle East is also a data black hole. So if anyone can add something, let me know although I've yet to have any such offer taken up.

Of the 3,506 delivered in China during 2023, I believe the sales by model were the Eletre SUV 2,929 and the Emira sports car 577. Lotus has revealed the global numbers between the Eletre SUV and all sports cars, which were 4,361 and 2,609 respectively. 


So things are booming and with more models coming out in 2024 the number of deliveries will continue to grow quickly. The marque that made great sports cars but struggled to balance the books now has a brighter future with its Chinese owners. 

No comments:

Post a Comment