31 August 2017

Switzerland / Austria JLR Comparison : 2010-16


Apart from the obvious similarities such as sharing a border and The Alps, the number of car sales can be added to that list. Over the last seven years 313,000 registrations in Switzerland and 326,000 in Austria. However, one area that does show a difference is for JLR and the gap is growing.

In Austria, LR over the seven year period averaged 0.6% share and Jaguar 0.13%, a combined 0.72%. Over this period sales doubled. In Switzerland, the averages are 1.1% (LR) and 0.27% (Jag) for a total of 1.37%. The point of note is JLR sales have nearly tripled.

Switzerland: JLR have a strong presence in the country, as 1.37% is quite high. Jaguar has averaged 20% over the period and is currently sitting on 30%. The issue is moving forward from here and new models such as the Velar and E-Pace will do that.



Switzerland

313,150

Yr LR Jag JLR % Jag

10 1,552 612 2,164 28.3

11 1,997 461 2,458 18.8

12 4,037 511 4,548 11.2

13 3,776 888 4,664 19.0

14 3,811 621 4,432 14.0

15 4,774 979 5,753 17.0

16 4,236 1,791 6,027 29.7







Tot 24,183 5,863 30,046 19.5

% 1.10 0.27 1.37

Austria: JLR has much potential here to grow with both marques, but it doesn't have quite the same affluence as its western neighbour. Perhaps the soon to be released i-Pace being made in Austria will make some difference.



Austria

326,300

Yr LR Jag JLR % Jag

10 1,168 372 1,540 24.2

11 1,240 268 1,508 17.8

12 2,208 300 2,508 12.0

13 2,401 340 2,741 12.4

14 2,197 265 2,462 10.8

15 2,150 407 2,557 15.9

16 2,250 955 3,205 29.8







Tot 13,614 2,907 16,521 17.6

% 0.60 0.13 0.72

Summary: JLR does reasonably well in both nations, but one senses it will always be more popular in Switzerland.

Data source: Auto Schweiz / Statistik Austria.
Picture source: Netcarshow.

No comments:

Post a Comment