15 March 2016

Audi Production By Model : 2015

The 2016 Q7 SUV

Total production volume was up 1.4% in 2015, not as much as I expected. Increased competition within the premium marques would have had some impact but it is unlikely that the VW cheating scandal had much effect. The VW brand would take the brunt of that. The A4 model being at the end of its model cycle would have been a factor.

The SUV models (Q) were introduced in 2006 and they passed 10% of total volume in 2009, 20% in 2012 and 30% in 2015. The new small Q2 will add to the increasing percentage the Q range is taking of total Audi sales.

A new TT sports car and large Q7 SUV both did well but apart from them little else shined. Audi lost some momentum in 2015 but will fighting back in 2016 and beyond. Every number from 1 to 8 in the Q range will eventually be filled. Hybrid and electric models will be part of the offensive too.


11 12 13 14 15 Model 2015 % +/-

3 4 4 1 1 A3 369,968 20.3% 5%

1 1 1 2 2 A4 318,468 17.4% -3%

2 2 2 3 3 A6 293,675 16.1% -5%

4 3 3 4 4 Q5 267,651 14.7% 3%

11 6 5 5 5 Q3 205,201 11.2% 3%

5 5 6 6 6 A1 116,250 6.4% 1%

7 8 8 8 7 Q7 82,422 4.5% 35%

6 7 7 7 8 A5 79,133 4.3% -11%

10 11 11 11 9 TT 35,510 1.9% 102%

9 10 10 10 10 A7 29,131 1.6% 5%

8 9 9 9 11 A8 27,077 1.5% -32%

12 12 12 12 12 R8 2,074 0.1% -4%

- - - - 13 Q2 67 0.0% n/a






Total 1,826,627
1%

Data source: Audi.
Picture: Netcarshow.

No comments: